Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn)
Wat Arun, is situated on the west (Thonburi) bank of the Chao Phraya River. It is one of the most stunning temples in Bangkok, because the design is very different to the other temples you can visit in Bangkok. It is partly made up of colorful decorated spires and stands majestically over the water. Wat Arun is almost directly opposite Wat Pho, so it is very easy to get to. From Saphan Taksin boat pier you can take a river boat that stops at pier 8. From here a small shuttle boat takes you from one side of the river to the other for only 3 baht. Entry to the temple is 100 baht. The temple is open daily from 08:30 to 17:30.
It is important to be dresses appropriately when entering the temple.For both male and female visitors, no sleeveless shirts and knees bust be covered.
Wat Arun Opening Hours: 08:00 -17:30
Location: Located on the west side of Chao Praya River
(opposite Tha Thien Pier)
Price Range: 100 Baht
From Biotouch Thailand to Wat Arun..
From Biotouch Thailand to War Arun by Car:
- 20.9 km from Biotouch Thailand to Wat Arun
- 43 minutes from Biotouch Thailand to Wat Arun
- Head southwest toward Route 3
2 min (270 m)
- Continue on Route 3.
- Take Rama 4 Road, Chalerm Mahanakorn Expressway, Si Rat Expressway, Krung Thon Buri Road, … and Arun Amarin Road to Wang Doem Road in Wat Arun.
35 min (20.3 km)
- Turn right onto Wang Derm Road
2 min (270 m)
From Biotouch Thailand to Wat Arun by BTS:
- Walk 8 minutes to BTS Ekamai Skytrain station
- Take the BTS to Saphan Taksin BTS Skytrain station
Then take the Chao Phraya Express Boat at Sathorn Pier, where you can find a boat to take you to No.8 Tha Tien pier
After getting off the boat, hop on a ferry that takes you to the opposite side of the river for 3 baht where Wat Arun is right in front of your eyes.